This is a fun project to do at home with your kids! Play dough is easy to make, and it’s great to get your kids involved in the kitchen, too. Plus, you’ll know exactly what went into it! (I tried making this with gluten free flour (Pamela’s) but it resulted in a rubbery, ball-like substance instead of a dough. Perhaps another brand/formulation would work better!)
Homemade Play Dough
Contains wheat. Free of peanut, tree nut, egg, dairy, soy, fish, shellfish, corn, and seeds.
- 1 cup flour (white)
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 Tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Food coloring of your choice
- Add food coloring to your water until you reach your desired shade.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mix pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from pan and knead for a minute or two.
- Have fun playing!
- Store in an airtight container.
Make sure you add the food coloring to your water BEFORE you mix everything else together! The color will not blend evenly, otherwise.
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mix pulls away from the sides of the pan.
Remove from pan and knead for a minute or two.
Have fun playing! Store in an airtight container.
Linking up at Allergy Free Wednesdays